Terms and Conditions
1. Normal changeover day is Saturday. Guests are expected to arrive no earlier than 4pm on date of entry, and to vacate Doonside by 10am on date of departure, unless otherwise agreed with the owner.
2. Doonside is a no-smoking property therefore smoking is not permitted anywhere within the property and guests who wish to smoke in the garden are requested to dispose of cigarette butts in a responsible manner.
3. Pets are welcome at Doonside at no additional charge. Please refer to our Pet Policy for full details. Booking your stay at Doonside confirms your agreement with our Pet Policy. If any damage of additional charges are incurred as a result of your pet, we will inform you within 7 working days of your departure.
4. A deposit of 30% is required to confirm a booking. Short notice bookings (those made within 6 weeks of the arrival date) require payment in full at the time of confirming the booking.
5. The rental cost includes the use of clean bedding and towels.
6. A good housekeeping deposit of £200 is required at the time of final payment. This will be returned in full within 7 working days of your departure date, provided the following conditions are met:
No damage is caused to Doonside during your stay (beyond the normal, expected wear and tear)
No charges are incurred due to contraband, illegal activity or goods and services supplied during the stay.
All rubbish is placed in the bins provided.
All dirty dishes are washed.
All keys are returned to the owner upon departure. The owner will attend the property to collect the key or make alternative arrangements.
No bedding, towels, ornaments or other items are lost or damaged.
The renter is not evicted by the owner, or local police.
7. Doonside sleeps 14 people. Holiday groups must not exceed this number, with the exception of babies or toddlers who are able to sleep in travel cots. Exceeding the maximum number of guests may result in the owner's refusal to allow guests to take possession of the property. Under these circumstances, no monies will be refunded.
8. Please treat Doonside with respect and report any damages to the owner on or before departure. The owner reserves the right to charge for any damages or breakages.
9. Should the owners need to gain access to Doonside to carry out necessary repairs etc, guests will be advised, wherever possible, at least 24 hours in advance. A gardener mows the lawn once per week, normally on a Monday (although this is weather dependant).
10. If you need to cancel your holiday after your deposit has been paid and your booking confirmed, we will endeavour to let the property to another party. If we manage to do this, we will refund your deposit less 15% administration fee. If we cannot find another party to rent the property for the same period, we will not be able to refund your deposit. For this reason, a holiday insurance policy is highly recommended.
11. Force majeure: if we have to cancel your holiday booking for reasons beyond our control, we will refund your entire deposit and offer you a discounted rate of 10% if you decide to rearrange your holiday dates.
12. The property must be left in the same state as it was when you arrived. This means keeping all fixtures and fittings clean and in good working order, and keeping furnishings in a comparable state of repair as you found them. Failure to meet these conditions may result in additional charges and/or a claim against you for damage or loss.
13. Do not abuse the property or allow rude, dangerous, offensive or illegal behaviour to be displayed there.
14. It is your responsibility to make adequate checks about the property and the local area to ensure that it meets the needs of your party. We cannot take responsibility for the suitability of the property for your needs, nor can we accept any bookings that are conditional upon the fulfilment of a specific request. It is your responsibility to tell us about any medical issues or conditions that may affect your stay at the time of booking.
15. The owner shall have no liability for any death or personal injury unless it results from the owner’s negligence or that of any employee of the owner who was at the time acting in the course of their employment. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability is accepted by the owner in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property except, in the case of the owner, where the damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the owner or that of any employee of the owner who was at the time acting in the course of their employment.
16. The garden of Doonside has a boundary with the River Doon. All guests should take great care, as large areas of water can be dangerous. If you have children, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are safe at all times. We have a large fenced area in the garden with a child-proof gate. The rest of the garden is not separated from the river and extreme care must be exercised when children are outside the fenced area. Upon arrival at Doonside guests should carry out their own risk assessment. The owners will not be held responsible for any personal injury.